The websites below may be accessed for additional information
regarding Prostate Cancer:
- Website for Us TOO Intl., Inc., Prostate Cancer Education and Support Network - supporting the largest chapter membership worldwide of prostate cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers who support them. Headquarters for our Wichita, Kansas chapter.
and information on the web.
- Website for the Prostate Cancer Research Institute. This website is among the finest in providing up-to-date information relative to most all prostate cancer treatment options and is a MUST VISIT website for all prostate cancer patients and activists.
- Website for Charles (Snuffy) Myers, M.D., a well known, respected, and acclaimed Medical Oncologist who specializes in Prostate Cancer. Dr. Myers is the Director, American Institute for Diseases of the Prostate (AIDP) and President, Foundation for Cancer Research and Education (FCRE).
- Website for Arnon Krongrad, M.D. of Aventura, Florida, internationally recognized authority on Prostate Cancer and pioneer of the wide application of Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy (LRP) in the United States. For questions regarding LRP, Dr. Krongrad or Ruth, his coordinator, can be personally reached by email at or by telephone (305) 936-0474 fax (305) 936-0498
Wichita Urology Group (WUG)
(free medicine for those qualifying)
- Malecare is committed to designing and implementing contextual, culturally competent and proactive men's health care services, where ever there is need. Barriers are to be broken and the underserved deserve action. Our work for prostate, testicular and male breast cancer patients is presented in English, Chinese, Spanish, Hebrew, French, Portuguese, Russian and Italian. Access is available for gay men to communicate their concerns with each other on these issues.
- An excellent on-line resource for all Prostate Cancer patients to better understand our disease and the many options of therapy.
- This is the website of Ralph and Barbara Alterowitz, authors of "Intimacy with Impotence - The Couple's Guide to Better Sex after Prostate Cancer" and "The Lovin' Ain't Over." Ralph and Barbara are certified sex therapists certified by the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT). Their books and presentations to groups have provided new understanding and improved relationships for couples everywhere.
- Website for Michael Dattoli, M.D., Radiation Oncologist, well known and respected by the Prostate Cancer medical and patient community as a pioneer in the research and development of cancer therapies utilizing brachytherapy and IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy). He is the founder of the Dattoli Cancer Foundation and the Dattoli Cancer Center & Brachytherapy Research Institute located in Sarasota, FL.
- Website for Ashutosh Tewari, M.D., Director Robotic Prostatectomy and Urologic Oncology Outcomes, Weil Cornell Medical Center - New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY. Dr. Tewari is an internationally acclaimed expert on Robotic Prostatectomy and other minimally invasive robotic surgeries.
- Website for Israel Barken, M.D., Urologic Oncologist who specialized in prostate cancer research and treatment for over twenty years. He currently serves as Chairman and Medical Director of his Prostate Cancer Research and Education Foundation (PCREF). He is available to provide individual counsel and also provides an "Ask Dr. Barken" weekly telephone call-in program. Please visit his website for further information.
- (PCRI link to many sites regarding PC)
- Johns Hopkins Medical Center prostate cancer health alerts
- Excellent Prostate Cancer reference website developed by Jacqueline Strax in memory of her spouse, Norman Strax (1935-2002).
- Victory in the Valley is one of Wichita's premier cancer support organizations for both patients and caregivers. They provide hope and help when it is needed most. As they note on their webpage: Our Mission: To accompany cancer patients and their families on their journey from fear and confusion to coping and confidence, and through emotional, spiritual and other support interventions, improve the quality of their lives and enhance the possibility of recovery.
- Healthopedia.com, a medical and health consumer information resource containing comprehensive and unbiased information in patient-friendly language from trusted sources on over 1,500 health topics, 70 focussed health centers, and more than 11,000 drugs and medications.
- Urology Centre in Mumbai, India. Dr. Dilip Raja's Urology & Andrology Centre offer comprehensive urological services to diagnose and treat kidney stone diseases, urological cancers, incontinence, infertility, impotence, and other urinary difficulties. An internet search will note other accomplishments by Dr. Raja by entering in the search box "Dilip Raja."
- Website of Urology Specialists, P.C., one of the urology practices within driving distance from Wichita providing Robotic Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy (RLRP). RLRP surgeon Justin Albani traveled to Wichita to describe this modern, less invasive, surgical removal of the prostate gland to our Us TOO chapter and chapter members have since opted for this procedure from Dr. Albani. Visit the PATIENT EDUCATION page and read about ROBOTIC SURGERY. Additionally on the ROBOTIC page there is a 3 minute video overview, a review article about the use of robotics in surgery, and a newsletter and newspaper article about the topic as well. There is also a WEB LINKS page on the PATIENT EDUCATION page that provides resources for all urology topics.
- Drug 3k - Online Drug Encyclopedia - Featuring detailed information on prescription and medications including description, image drug, use, dosage, storage, precautions, and side effects.
www.after-cancer.com/prostate - A United Kingdom website with a variety of prostate cancer information. When entering the website, click on “Subscribe” in the upper right hand corner to open to all information.
www.asbestos.com - Mesothelioma Center - Important link regarding Asbestos Exposure: Though mesothelioma disease may be the most commonly-associated cancer with asbestos exposure, the presence of asbestos fibers in the body can cause a number of other, very serious and life-threatening cancers, such as lung cancer, gastrointestinal cancer and colorectal cancer. According to the National Cancer Institute, asbestos exposure can also increase one's risk of developing kidney, throat, esophagus and gallbladder cancer. In addition to these cancers, asbestos has also been linked to breast, ovarian, and prostate cancer, as well as leukemia and lymphomas.
www.medivizor.com - MEDIVIZOR: If you have a serious medical condition, Medivizor can help. Upon registration we will help you find just what you need to know. You will receive updates about cutting edge research, new treatments, relevant clinical trials, and more – personalized just for you.